Stein’s 2010 NFL Mock Draft
Updated 14 April 2010
1. St. Louis Rams: QB Sam Bradford – The Rams should build their lines first, but QB’s are always taken early. Bradford is the best this year.
2. Detroit Lions: DT Ndamukong Suh – Lions get the best player in the draft. And Suh helps rebuild a sorry defense.
3. Tampa Bay Bucs: DT Gerald McCoy – Tampa does not hesitate to snatch McCoy. He will help against the run and pass.
4. Washington Redskins: OT Russell Okung – Skins got their QB in McNabb, and now they nab his protector.
5. Kansas City: OT Brian Bulaga – When you are a bad team, you must build your lines first. Chiefs can find a spot for Bulaga, and their line will be stronger.
6. Seattle Seahawks: OT Trent Williams – Scared by the run on OT’s, they’ll grab Williams. They’ll get their RB later. Really.
7. Cleveland Browns: QB Jimmy Clausen - You didn’t think they’d really roll with Seneca Wallace and Jake Delhomme did you?
8. Oakland Raiders: S Eric Berry – They have other needs, but Berry’s too good to pass up.
9. Buffalo Bills: QB Tim Tebow – Bills want a QB with a strong arm and leadership skills. Right or wrong, they grab Tebow.
10. Jacksonville Jaguars: DE Derrick Morgan – Jags need a DE. Here he is.
11. Denver Broncos: WR Demaryius Thomas – They get Brandon Marshall’s replacement before trading Marshall.
12. Miami Dolphins: RB C.J. Spiller – Dolphins almost trip to get the card to the podium fast enough to grab Spiller. Then to trade Ronnie Brown….
13. San Francisco 49ers: CB Joe Haden – San Fran more than happy Haden falls to them. They know he can play.
14. Seattle Seahawks: RB Jahvid Best –See? I said Seattle would get their RB. Best reminds some of Reggie Bush.
15. NY Giants: LB Rolando McLain – The Giants need defense, and an Alabama linebacker is a great place to start.
16. Tennessee Titans: DE Jason Pierre-Paul – Titans need a DE, and J.P.P. is the best one on the board. It’s fate.
17. San Francisco 49ers: OG Jason Iupati – San Fran could use line help, and you know Coach Singletary likes the fire he sees in Iupati.
18. Pittsburgh Steelers: NT Dan Williams – A wide load to help shore up the Steelers interior.
19. Atlanta Falcons: CB Kyle Wilson – The Falcs need this kid. He’s a playmaking, fearless corner.
20. Houston Texans: S Earl Thomas – The fast, ball-hawking safety will complement big hitting strong safety Bernard Pollard.
21. Cincinnati Bengals: WR Golden Tate – Bengals could use this sure handed receiver. Tate also runs well after the catch.
22. New England Patriots: OLB/DE Brandon Graham – A nice outside defender type that the Pats like.
23. Green Bay Packers: OT Anthony Davis – Aaron Rodgers must be protected. Davis will help.
24. Philadelphia Eagles: S Taylor Mays – Eagles grab the best athlete on the board. And he’s good too!
25. Baltimore Ravens: WR Dez Bryant – Here’s hoping Bryant follows the straight and narrow.
26. Arizona Cardinals: OT Bruce Campbell – With Levi Brown the only other option, Cards go with youth and vigor.
27. Dallas Cowboys: DE Everson Griffen – A quick edge defender for Wade Phillips defense.
28. San Diego Chargers: RB Ryan Mathews – Is he L.T.? No. But Mathews is a fine back.
29. NY Jets: OLB Sergio Kindle – Kindle’s a high energy guy with skills. Rex Ryan likes those guys. Who doesn’t?
30. Minnesota Vikings: CB Patrick Robinson – Winfield getting older. Vikes defense gets some youth here.
31. Indianapolis Colts: DT Terrance Cody – Colts need this big run stuffer.
32. New Orleans Saints: OLB Sean Weatherspoon – The Saints need defense. This quick LB cannot be passed up here.